Thursday, June 13, 2013

Setting a few goals.

I think it's about time for me to set some short and long term goals. I mean, I have some obvious ones already, like losing 123 pounds. I need to break that down into sections and time frames, as well as adding a few more. 

Starting Weight: 322 lbs. (April 1st)
Current Weight: 288 lbs. (-34 lbs.)
Goal Weight: 199 lbs. (-123 lbs.)

Now the hard part is breaking that down into manageable and obtainable chunks. I lost my first 25 pounds in about 4 weeks. That's pretty fast but not sustainable. There's no way I can continue losing 25 lbs. a month without starving to death. So what's a reasonable amount?  I'm going to set my first deadline to Sept. 1st. I'd like to see myself down to 250 by then. I know, I know... 38 lbs in 2.5 months isn't going to be easy. Hell, that's an understatement. It's going to be very hard! That's the point though, isn't it?  You have to set goals to the upper limit of your capabilities. Otherwise, you're cheating yourself out of your potential. 

Through healthy diet and my crossfit along with my running, I most certainly can do it. I have an awesome support system here at home with my girlfriend and from my CrossFit family, as well as my friends and family that are scattered across the country (and a few across the world!). 

Weight isn't the only metric to set a goal by. I'm going to be setting several CrossFit goals in the near future as I learn the ropes. I don't know where I stand on a lot of things in the gym yet, so it would be counterproductive to set goals right now. 

Sept. 28th is the Fort 4 Fitness marathon. I'm registering for the 1/2 marathon. My goal is going to be just to finish at this point. As time gets closer, I can try to gauge my running times and possibly set a finish time goal as well. 

Long term goals are next. First and foremost is my total weight loss goal of 123 lbs. I think July 1st of 2014 is a good date. Why? I don't know. Just roll with it for me. 

I have a very clear crossfit goal on this one. Memorial Day next year... Memorial Day Murph. I'm going to do the whole thing as prescribed. No modifications. Weight vest included. That's a done deal. I'm not even going to concern myself with a time... Just finish it!

Along the way I'll set more goals as necessary. I'll also set some rewards for reaching them. New clothes will be the most satisfying thing I can think of for each weight loss goal. 

That's all I have for now. Have any goal ideas for me? Leave them in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. Ӏ absolutely love your sіte.. Great
    colors & theme. Did you develoρ this sіte youгѕelf?

    Please replу back as I’m attemptіng to cгeаte my very own blоg and want to
    fіnd out ωhеre уou got thіѕ from or ωhat thе themе is
    сalled. Кuԁоs!

    Feel free tо visit my ωeb-sіte :: lose weight after 50 with pilates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a crossfitter (yet) either...but I did a WOD for the Warriors on Memorial day with Team RWB and this is what it was (You do it with a partner):

    The WOD:

    "21 Guns - A Memorial Salute"

    Partner #1:

    21 Pull-ups
    21 Burpee Box Jumps (20" Rxd)
    21 Firemans Carry Back Squat (partner of equal weight)
    21 Burpee Box Jumps
    21 Pull-Ups

    Partner #2 executes
    Partner #1 again
    Partner #2 again

    The 21 reps signify a 21 gun salute, the 5 exercises are one for each Branch of the Military. Executing with a Partner signifies the bonds we aim to create between our Nation's Warriors and the communities they grow in and return to, and doing it twice reflects the fact that we honor both the living and the deceased.

    ReplyDelete